Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out of Print

Many have asked me about newpaper advertising when it comes to marketing a home. Unfortunately, it is not an effective means of selling your home in 2008.
One reason is the demise of the printed word. As the New York Times is reporting, the Sun-Times media group is closing many of its newpapers, and trying to sell off the Chicago Sun-Times. You can read the full article at:
It notes that less advertising dollars from home sales are part of the concern; I know this is not a big surprise to many. In my years as a Realtor, I have only seen one person come into my open house with a newspaper in their hand. I cannot count the number of times someone has started their home search on the internet.
I know this is not a big surprise to many, but I do think we see a line being drawn this year---where the internet will be recognized as the go-to source for advertising homes.
If you have any questions about marketing your home or internet marketing, contact me: www.audreybutlerhomes.com
thank you!