Sunday, October 28, 2007

People want to own a home

Ok, I know this may seem like common sense, but a new study has come out saying the reason for most first time home purchasers is that they want to own a house and establish their household. They say placed in context, it should humble some market experts. People in the survey never mentioned that the reason they purchased was because it was a strong buyer's market.

Now I am a bargain hunter on certain things....yes, I buy for value and quality as well. For example, when I go clothes shopping, I don't just buy something because it is on the sales rack. I want to buy well made, cute clothing that will go with the rest of my wardrobe....stay with me, I'm going somewhere with this....my values in shopping are inherent in my process. If someone were to stop me in the mall and ask me what I am doing there, I would say: "shopping for clothes because I want something new." I'm not sure I would mention all the sales signs.

Yes, there is no need to purchase something costing over $200,000 unless you want it....but hopefully this buyer's market will make purchasing a more affordable for new buyers.
Check out my website at: www.audreybutlerhomes.com