Saturday, October 20, 2007

Housing forecast for 2008 looking up

The National Association of Realtors is forecasting an improvement in the mortgage market, which could result in more buyers in early 2008. I don't know if they are telling Realtors like me this news to cheer me up (I'm actually already cheerful; I really enjoy my work...), but the vice president of research for the association says that nationally the housing market for this year is the 5th highest for existing home sales.


I hate sounding like a negative person all the time on this blog, but that does not consider the individual market in central Florida. However, there has been a reduction in new home building, which can help stabilize the market.


All in all, this could be good news for current sellers, and will hopefully result in the pent-up demand leading to action in the next couple of months.

To learn more, check out my website at audreybutlerhomes.com